Looking Through the Buyer’s Eyes
Below are questions to ask yourself when preparing your home for sale to ensure it looks the best it possibly can in the buyer’s eyes:
- Does your yard look well maintained?
- Are the trees and bushes trimmed?
- Is your lawn mowed and edged?
- Is your lawn free of weeds?
- Are the decks and patios clean?
- Does your house need painting?
- Are there any exterior holes or cracks?
- Are your walks and porches clean and in good repair?
- Does your roof leak or sag?
- Are any shingles or tiles missing?
- Is your chimney in good shape?
- Are your carpets clean and in good condition?
- Do your carpets need stretching?
- Are there any pet or smoking odors?
- Do your walls have any cracks or holes?
- Do your walls need painting?
- What about that wallpaper?
- Do your ceilings have any water stains, cracks or peeling?
- Do your ceilings need painting?
- Are your appliances clean and in good working order?
- Are your cabinets in good condition?
- Are your countertops in good condition?
- Is your tile grout clean?
- Is your sink stained, chipped, or in need or re-calking?
- Do your faucets shut off completely?
- Do your sinks drain freely?
- Are your toilets in good condition?
- Are your shower doors shiny?
- Do your tubs need caulking?
- Is your floor in good condition?
- Are your vanities and mirrors in good condition?
- Is your fireplace clean?
- Is the fireplace screen in good shape?
- Are all drapes, shutters and shades clean and working properly?
- Are any window screens bent?
- Do all the windows open and close easily?
- Are the windowsills clean?
- Are your doors in good condition?
- Do any doors sag or stick?
- Do the locks work?
- Is the paint in good condition?
- Do the doors seal tightly?
- Is your basement/attic organized?
- Are they well lit?
- Are they clean?
- Are the stairs in good repair?
- Do the doors open and close easily?
- Are there any signs of insects or rodents?
- Is your garage organized?
- Is it well lit?
- Is the floor swept?
- Are there oil spots or other stains?